Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Empty Nest Setting in for this Stay at home MOM?




This is my youngest son who is 4 1/2 years old. As you can tell he is quite the character. I was cleaning out cabinets and asked him to throw this box away for MOM and he walked around all night with this on his head. Proud Daddy moment especially if you zoom in to see what type of box it is! Yes, this MOM is going to keep this one for a great high school graduation picture. lol

Today, me and Brenden loaded up for about our weekly trip to town and living in the boonies we have to drive 30 miles one way to the nearest Walmart. We do have a grocery store in our town but we only use that for emergencies due to being a small town the prices are high and with a family of 9 we can't just shop there full time so I love Aldi. I love, love, love Aldi because the money I can save there is outrageous. I can get a heaping cart full of food there for over half I would spend at Walmart. My husband made fun of me for shopping there and he thinks he is too "good" for off brands when I first met him but he sure likes it now. Some of the off brands there are way better then name brand or maybe this MOM is just used to it. I know I am getting off the subject.

So on the way home from town as Brenden was back there jamming to his fav song "Ice Ice Baby" I got to thinking that in a year and a half I will officially be an empty nester during the school year. WOW, where has the time went. I also got to thinking that in almost 15 years (minus 6 months of my 2nd oldest son starting kindergarten and the birth of our daughter together happening) that I have NOT had a kid home through the day with mom but only 6 months in 15 years...WOW.... I have always had a little one with me at home or going shopping with me. How will this mom handle that? I know Brenden is a momma's boy big time and he is my right hand man. We have so much fun in the car rides and shopping (ok, not today when I looked up and he was trying to get out the store doors) but most of the time we have great times jamming in the car and just talking. How will I handle getting in the car without a little one to get ready to go..making sure they are strapped in and having someone to chat with or hold their little hand while we walk in to the parking lot and NO ONE to spoil in the stores since he is being so good. Have you ever had that moment where your child isn't with you and you are driving in peace and quiet and your heart stops & you turn around thinking "Oh my...where is ..........."? (in my case would be Brenden) you think you have left him at home or the store. If not, maybe all these kids are making me senile but I know if he is at his grandmas and i go to town alone I can immediately get startled looking for him before realizing where he actually is. This is how bad this empty nest mom is going to be. Thankfully, my husband agreed to let me quit work and raise our children so this is the only child that I have been with since they day he entered our world so I think it is going to be a major change. Another good thing is he was a middle of August baby so he missed the cut off date to start kindergarten this year by 15 days...yaaa, a whole another year of a few hours of preschool 4 days a week.  Also, he is a boy and could use that extra year to expand his intellectual side a bit more but what in the world am I going to do when he is in kindergarten? I am too old to have another one...lol...nor, do I want too so will try to find that perfect work from outside my home during school hours. Being I am an RN, I would love to get a school nurse job but in our school once they get in there they never leave so let's hope within the next year and a half they will.

I have seen jobs open up that I would LOVE to have, several of them but I had a newborn or no one to watch my kids so I had to let those jobs go. When I finally CAN get a job they won't be available for nothing. Isn't that how life goes but in the mean time I have my work from home business that is doing very well. I banked $230 for just a couple hours of work from home last night and I LOVE it. This mom couldn't be happier finding a true legit business from home that is helping support my family without having to sacrifice my time with my kids. If anyone would be interested just let me know and  I have a business page on Facebook that I will give you the link too so you can get a hold of me. I would be happy to help you obtain your future financial freedom but in the mean time, I am going to enjoy every moment of this next year and a half that I have with my youngest and I am going to stop getting house cats/dogs to fill up my house on those lonely days! lol

Link to my Facebook business page and if you would go "like" it I would greatly appreciate it. It would make this MOM so happy, happy, happy!     https://www.facebook.com/momof7makingmoneyathome

No comments:

Post a Comment