Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day with KIDS!




The day meant for couples in love is fast approaching! I have to shamefully admit that I normally plan in advance what I will be getting my husband but this year I procrastinated so I am know paying out the bootAY for expedited shipping! I hope you all didn't procrastinate. I have been so busy with the KIDS and appointments that time gets away from me and not to mention I live in the boonies so getting to a shopping center is at least 30 minutes one way so I plan those trips when we are down to the bare necessities in household goods!

My question to all you other parents who have children what do you do for them? I usually buy them all a box of chocolates for the day. I must admit my children are more excited for Valentine's day then we are as they have been working for over a week on our homemade gifts so that means time to clear off my refrigerator from all the hanging art work of the kids and make room for new! 

My plans for my husband includes, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolates, wine, movies and hopefully a quiet evening at home. With 7 kids in the house, it is hard to ever get any alone time in this house if it isn't the kids it is our 2 four legged children that are constantly sitting between us on the couch in the evenings. So this year, I am hoping to bribe them to their rooms with movies and popcorn to celebrate the day. We will see just how long it takes for a kid or KIDS normally to come asking mom for something that they think is a life threatening situation. So what do you do with your kids on Valentine's day?




1 comment:

  1. Haha. Bribery is sometimes necessary to get the alone time you need. Mine are 1 and 4 so they will be getting a little small animal and a small box of chocolate to share. Lol. Great job Marney!!

    ReplyDelete